Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task

Hello, my name is Karen and I am currently taking AICE Media Studies at Fort Lauderdale High School. I am 16 years old and currently in the 11th grade. I live in South Florida, U.S.A. as of now. I like to listen to music and play guitar for fun. Not much has changed since the last blog I wrote in October. One major difference though is that it is a new year. It is now 2020 which means that our final task is due in a couple months! Since I am in the Cambridge program at my school, earning this credit would be really important to me. I am determined to work hard in order to get this project done, however, this may be a difficult task. This is because I am working alone on this project. Although I've worked alone for previous projects, this task may be more difficult for me as the film has to be 2 minutes long.

Out of all the projects that I have filmed in the class, I have learned many new skills. Some of which including learning how to work a real camera, along with the settings and filters that come along with them. Additionally, I also learned how to set up a tripod. More specifically, which angles would look better with my scenes. Along with this, I have also become a better editor. This skill, in particular, has been challenging for me as the editing process takes a lot of patience. However, I've grown to appreciate the efforts that go into creating a finished product. I am excited to film this project as I can use it to express darker themes. These are themes that would have otherwise felt out of place in other projects such as the commercial or music video. Furthermore, I am also excited to work with my friends for this project as they would be used as actors for my film.

A pitch is a Hollywood term used to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. It is usually only one sentence. Currently, I have three pitch ideas for this upcoming project. The first one is a story about a hitman who just made another kill. However, someone spied on him, so he will have to come up with a deal with the stranger. Next, my second idea would be about two friends who go on a road trip together, but one of them has secret plans for revenge and getting away with murder. And lastly, my final pitch idea would be about two life long friends, yet one of them randomly disappears one day without saying goodbye. It's her friend's mission to find out her whereabouts



No comments:

Post a Comment