Friday, January 17, 2020

Deciding the Final Pitch

After thinking deeply about which pitch ideas I favored the most, I've narrowed down to two pitches. The first pitch that I've chosen is about a hitman who just made another kill; however, someone spied on him, so he will have to come up with a deal with the stranger. For this pitch, the opening will only include the preparations of the hitman, along with the scene where he kills the victim. However, the last three seconds will be showing when the hitman turns around and sees the stranger behind him. This allows a cliffhanger to be made, without actually revealing the deal that will be made. I like this pitch idea because I feel like it would be fun to film with my friends. Additionally, I also have a song in mind that I feel would work perfectly with this film. I also enjoy the type of suspense that would be made while making a film like this. However, there are some downsides that would come in following through with this pitch idea. One of them being the lack of male actors. This would result in going to farther lengths to secure a male actor, or just not include a male character.

Furthermore, I have also narrowed down to one more pitch idea. My second idea would be about two friends who go on a road trip together, but one of them has secret plans for revenge and getting away with murder. For this pitch idea, I would be filming the two characters stopping to get food at a shop. Yet, when they try to continue driving, the car suddenly runs out of gas. This would lead to the actual killing of the other friend, yet the murderer would drive away, leaving the story on a cliffhanger. I like this idea because it would be easy to secure the actors. I also like this idea because it seems enjoyable to film with my friends. For this pitch as well, I also have a song that I feel would fit in perfectly with this scenario. However, there is one major downfall to using this pitch. Securing a location would be difficult as I do not have a permit to film.

For this project, however, I have decided to go with the second pitch. I chose this pitch because it is the most convenient one for me to do. Due to the limited amount of time that will be assigned for filming, it is important to keep deadlines in mind. Which is why convenience was the main factor in deciding a pitch. Additionally, this is also just the pitch that I favor more. I feel more passionate about wanting to film this pitch idea because I find it to be more exciting. Through this pitch, I feel as though I'd be able to express my creative side while editing. And lastly, I chose this pitch over the first pitch because my friend who has agreed to be an actor also prefers it over the first one. As the director and producer of this film, I think it is important for my actors to enjoy what they are getting involved in as well. This will make the overall experience much more enjoyable for both of us,

No comments:

Post a Comment