Friday, January 31, 2020

Title Research: Watch the Titles

The second website that I have decided to research is called www.watchthetitles.com. This website again shows opening title sequences, similar to those on www.artofthetitle.com. However, the videos on this website are displayed a little differently. The homepage includes a random opening each time from a variety of genres that you can watch. It takes up the majority of the screen and constantly changes so that the audience always has something to click on. Additionally, by scrolling down you are able to see interviews done by various acclaimed title designers. This is a feature that I like about this website because it gives an insight into what the creator wanted to achieve and how exactly they achieved this. Not only does this give me insight into the creative process of making titles, but it also allows me to see the similar aspects that creators from the same genres use when making their own title sequences. By watching some of these interviews, I can hopefully tap into my creative side as they did and create titles that display the vibe of what my film will entail. Scrolling down even further, the website is then followed by categories. These include feature films, TV shows, event titles, student projects, and video games. Though this is an interesting feature of the website, it is not necessary for me to look into them. It is only important for me to research titles from films, specifically mystery films, as that is the category that my opening sequence directly follows. One major thing that is different about this website from Art of the Title though, is the fact that it gives a brief explanation of the effect titles created upon the movie. This is a vital feature that will allow me to make the best title sequence possible for my own film.

No comments:

Post a Comment