Sunday, January 26, 2020

Decision Day

Previously, I had to research a genre and make a PowerPoint based on its conventions and camera and editing elements. Which was also followed by researching two other genres following the same format. For this research section, I decided to research the horror and mystery genre. I feel as though my pitch followed similar plotlines of which you could find in those types of movies. Similar enough, through research, I found that elements found in horror and mystery movies did fit to what I have envisioned for my film. However, the mystery genre is a much better fit in terms of its elements. A lot of gore and loud non-diegetic sound can be found in horror films and is actually one of the key elements of these types of films. Yet my film will not feature these elements. More fittingly, my film will feature suspense and crime which better fall onto the category of the mystery genre, which is why I chose the mystery genre for my opening sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment