Thursday, January 30, 2020

Title Research: Art of the Title

For the next part of this assignment, we have to research titles for our opening sequence. This is an important part of our opening sequence as it engages the audience by providing a feel for the movie. Having good titles can set the tone for the genre of the movie as well, even if the audience is unaware of what movie is to be expected. The first website that I used was called www.artofthetitle.com. Here, I looked at the genre of mystery movies as that was what my film genre would be. On this website, I found many title sequences, ranging from the classics to new releases of 2020. However, it is most important to be looking at openings within the last three years from now as they would be the most relevant. The title sequences that I found on this website range from all different genres. From horror to comedy, each video on this website displayed its title, along with its year of release. Though this website also included titles from TV shows, for this assignment I only needed to look at movie title sequences. For creating my own title sequence, I will have to emulate a certain vibe that entails what my film will be about. Even though I am not making the entire film, the titles play a very important part in sending the audience a signal of what this film will be like. This is why researching other title sequences is a crucial part of this assignment. By watching other sequences that fall into the same category of my genre, I can see what similarities are followed by most mystery movies the maximize the potential of my own movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment