Monday, February 24, 2020

Filming Blog: First Day Filming

On Friday after school is when I decided I wanted to film. After not being able to film last weekend, it was finally time to begin the filming process this weekend. Thursday was the day in which I ultimately checked out a camera. The following day, I went home with my friend Cristy and we went to the first location of filming, which was my house. Due to my scenes taking place at night, we had to wait until at least 7PM to start filming. However, when it became 7PM, we were suddenly paused. This was because after opening the camera, I had realized that it was not charged. In order to film the expected scenes, I would have to leave the camera charging for at least 30 minutes. After the camera was up to charge, we could finally begin filming. The first scene that we filmed was where I was washing my face in the bathroom. To prepare the "set", I had to clear the sink of all its products. This included mouthwash, hairspray, and toothbrushes so that hand soap would be the only prop that the camera would see. Next, I had to fix my costume and makeup. This consisted of my taking off my watch and bracelets, along with putting my hair in a messy bun and wiping off all of my previous makeup. Due to my bathroom being quite small, the filming set up was quite cramped with the tripod. However, luckily we were still able to fit it in. Filming with Cristy was actually difficult at times because we often laughed a lot. This caused some of the shots that I filmed to be disturbed throughout filming. Although I intended to complete all of my individual scenes on Friday, due to the many interruptions that were caused, I will have to refilm a couple of these scenes on my own. This will be a challenge to do on my own; however, it must be done in order to get closer to completing my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment