Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Editing Blog: Postponed For Now

Though I have about half of my project already completed, there is still a lot more to go. This not only includes filming but also more editing. Due to the current COVID-19 situation however, this process was halted for a while. Starting March 16th, my district had canceled school due to Coronavirus fears. Though this would have left me with more time to complete my film, another important situation blocked me from doing so. My roof had broken down meaning that I would have to stay at my aunt's house in the meantime. This lasted for about two weeks while the school was closed at the same time. Continuing on with the days, spring break also occurred where I was still left unable to complete my work. Not only did I still need to film, but I also desperately needed to edit. Yet again, the spread of Coronavirus continued among the United States. This meant that the school would remain closed for another month. One reason why I needed the school computers so desperately was because of its editing software. Pinnacle Studios, which was installed on the school computers, had the installs to create and edit titles which is what my editing software couldn't do. Without these computers, I feared that I would be unable to edit my film the way I originally wanted it to be. However, I tried to remain hopeful and continue on with my break. During my stay at my aunt's house, I decided I wanted to continue filming. Since I already had my camera and tripod, I figured this would be a great location to film because of its nice scenery. I decided to call my friend over to see if she was available to film. However, due to her concerns with the current virus, she was not allowed to film with me. Not only did this leave me with so much more filming left to do, but also editing as my story would have to completely change to connect with the current scenes I had already filmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment