Friday, April 17, 2020

Commercial Blog

The first AICE Media Studies project that we had to make was a commercial. This commercial could be based on products such as Colgate, Nike, or Gatorade. For this assignment, my group chose to do Vans. Because this was my first filming project, I decided it would be more beneficial to work in a group. Thus, Audrey, Nerlande, Alicia, and I formed a group together. Getting started up was difficult because none of us knew what we were doing. Setting up the tripod and figuring out the workings of the camera was a process as well. Not only that but figuring out which angles and lighting worked the best took us time too. However eventually, things became easier. As you can probably tell, some of our camera movement was not the best during this first project. It took us time to get used to holding and moving along with the camera. This led to us having to do many re-shoots in order to get the shot that we wanted. Another difficulty for me personally was getting into an acting role. I found it hard not to smile between filming because I was not used to being filmed. However, this is something that I eventually get better at holding back following my final task. And lastly, it was time to do the editing. Out of all things mentioned, I already had the most experience when it came to editing. One challenged that I faced, however, was editing alone. Because I kept the SD card, it was my duty to edit most of the clips, which included trimming, cutting, adding music, and the graphic. This took a lot of work and I barely had any input from my group, which has led me to work alone for the next two projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment