Thursday, March 12, 2020

Editing Blog: More Editing This Week

After getting a lot of my filming done last week, it was finally time to begin editing. The editing process for me began last week on Thursday. Due to this day is an early release for my school, not only was I able to get a lot of filming done, but I was also able to finally begin editing. After transferring my footage from my camera's SD card onto my laptop, I transferred it onto my iPhone. As explained previously, this was quite a lengthy process. Due to this, I did not get as much editing as I wanted to on Thursday. However, on Friday I decided to continue editing. Previously, all that I had gotten done was placing all the clips onto the editing software. This included me deleting multiple takes and cutting some clips. Although the uploading process took long, this part was tedious as well. However, I am glad I already got it done. This meant that the editing process for Friday would be made a lot smoother. On Friday, I decided to add music to my film. This is a requirement for our final task so I wanted to chose a soundtrack before it was too late. For this, I decided to use the song 'Good For You' by Blood Orange featuring Justine Skye. I chose this song because it gives off an eerie vibe. Although this is not a royalty-free song, I will make sure to give credit to the artists as part of my title sequences. This brings me to my next editing task: adding titles. After I finish editing all of my required scenes, I will then begin adding my titles. I chose not to add titles now because I do not want them to be out of order. As soon as I complete editing and cutting any missing clips, I can then match each title with the order in which each title is supposed to appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment