Friday, April 17, 2020

Music Video Blog

The next assignment that we were given to do was a music video. As previously stated before, I decided to work alone on this project. This was a new challenge for me as I am not used to working alone. However, I was determined to get it done even with the barriers that were placed. Planning and making a storyboard for this project was a lot more difficult than I had imagined. Because I had no help from other people, being creative and getting actors to play a role was very difficult for me. Thus, it led me to become an actor for my music video. This meant that I would have to get my friend Cristy to help me film and my brother. The filming process for this music video actually went by a lot faster than the commercial. Because my friend already had experience filming, it was easy to direct a scene and have her film it exactly the way I wanted it. And due to me already having experience with my last project, filming also became easier for me when filming the opening scenes alone. Finding the right filters and settings for the camera was still a process when filming outside for example. However, things like filming a pan or tilt shot did become easier throughout the making of my music video. Not only did filming become easier but so did the acting component as well. I learned how to keep a straight face throughout most of my filming which is something that was not present in my last project. Moving along to the editing process, this pretty much remained the same as my last project. Though this project, however, was much more time-consuming. Due to the music video having to be a minute long, editing took much longer to do for this music video. This also meant that I would need a lot more footage. With more footage, comes more uploading to my computer which again was a very time-consuming process. Moreover, although this took me more time to complete, I do believe it was worth it as it taught me patience and prepared me for the upcoming final task.

No comments:

Post a Comment