Friday, April 17, 2020

Final Task Blog

For this next project, we were assigned to make the opening of a movie. In this movie, we had to leave the ending at a cliffhanger. Again for this project, I would still be working by myself. Similarly to the last project, working alone had many challenges involved. However, it does also have its benefits. This includes having full creative authority over what is made. Planning this project was very fun for me as it allowed me to express my imaginative side through film. Yet, when it came to things like safety and casting actors, this became a difficulty for me once again. I had originally planned to have my friend Cristy and I be actors in this film. However, this was unable to occur due to the Coronavirus pandemic that has caused all of us to stay home. The plan was for me to play the killer role and have me kidnap Cristy in the end. Changing the story was a pretty difficult job for me to do, yet I feel like I eventually came to an ending that I liked that also flowed with the original ending of my movie. Throughout this pandemic, I have adapted to these unforeseen circumstances and changed my film accordingly in a way that would still make sense to the audience. My skills in terms of filming and editing also improved throughout the process of me making this film. This project was the longest one I have had to do for this class so I had to be very patient with how I handled things. Eventually, I was happy with the final product even though it greatly differs from the story I had originally planned to film.

No comments:

Post a Comment