Monday, March 9, 2020

Editing Blog: The Start of Editing

After a long week of filming, I finally got around to editing my footage. Due to last Thursday being an early release day for my school, I was able to film on this day. On this day, I filmed scenes at the coffee shop. This process took almost an hour but thankfully I was able to get things done along with my friend Cristy's help. She was in charge of filming while I was the actor for these scenes. After finishing up filming, we were able to go home finally. When I arrived home, the first thing I did was take the SD card out of my camera. This is because I needed to upload the footage from the SD card onto my laptop. To upload this footage, I used Google Photos to complete this transfer. This process took about 20 minutes, so I had to be on standby as the videos uploaded to my drive. However, the pre-editing process still continued. After uploading everything to my laptop's online drive, it was time to upload everything onto my iPhone. To do this, I had to access the Google Photos application on my iPhone and click the "save to camera roll" option on the app. I had to do this process for each individual clip, which took a while to do. However, after completing this process, I could finally begin editing my film. The first thing I began doing was deleting the scenes which had multiple takes for them. After this, I began to place my clips in order onto the editing software on my phone. The editing software that I used to edit was iMovie. I used iMovie to edit because it was free on my iPhone and because I find it more convenient to edit on my phone. After placing the clips in order on iMovie, I began cropping and cutting out the unnecessary parts. This was, however, all the editing I was able to do on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment