Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming Blog Music Video 11/25/2019

For my music video, I decided to have my friend, Cristy help me film. I checked out the filming equipment, e.g. the tripod, camera, and SD card on Friday. But due to busy scheduling, I was unable to film on Friday. This would have been the day that I would have been able to film with Karli as well. However, she had to cancel her plans that day. On Saturday though, Cristy was available, so we decided to film on that day. After she arrived at my house, we decided to get filming as soon as possible. This was important so that we would not waste any sunlight for filming. I first changed into my pajamas for the scenes that would be filmed in my room. We then got the filming equipment set up in my room. This took a while though, as we were trying to figure out which setting on the camera would make the lighting look the best. However, we eventually figured things out. After filming the scenes on my bed, we then proceeded to the POV shot. This was followed by an extreme close-up. Both of these shots were pretty easy to film. The only problem that we ran into was the timing of each of these shots.

Next, we moved into the kitchen. This is where we re-setup our equipment. Here, we filmed a wide shot of me eating cereal and of me using my phone. We also had a film a close-up of my phone getting a text message. However, this was very difficult to film because by this time it was already 3P.M. We tried changing the times on our phones, yet it still displayed the fact that it was 3P.M. So, we decided to scrap that scene for now. This is a shot that I would have to refilm another day. Moving along, we then went back into my room to continue filming after having a lunch break. This is where we filmed close-ups of me getting ready. First, we filmed me buttoning up my jeans. Then, of me brushing my hair. After, we filmed me cuffing my jeans. And finally, we filmed me tieing my shirt into a knot. Next, it was time to go film outside. But before this, we filmed me opening my door. Our first outdoor scene was an establishing shot of my house. This was followed by pans of the sky, flowers, and streets. Although, we ran into some problems during filming. We realized that the shots were showing up too dark on the camera. This was not ideal as the lighting for my music video was supposed to be bright and sunny. So, we decided to pack up our equipment and head back home which concluded my first day of filming. This would mean that I would have to reshoot these shots during a brighter time.

No comments:

Post a Comment