Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Filming Blog #2- 12/2/2019

After my first day of filming was done, I still had many things left to film. This included two-shots, wide shots, and tracking shots. I also had to refilm some of the opening shots at the beginning of my music video due to the weather not being ideal at the time. I would have to refilm these shots during the morning or afternoon on a bright and sunny day. However, some of these shots could not be filmed within the last week due to scheduling problems. My friend Karli, could no longer be in my music video anymore as she was busy. This would mean that I would have to completely change my plans for the last half of my music video. Additionally, my friend Cristy was also unable to help me film during our Thanksgiving break. This would mean that I would have to find somebody else to help me film.
On Tuesday, November 26 is when I continued the filming process. This time, I had to do it by myself. By using the tripod, I filmed an extreme close-up of my eyes. This was all that I had time to film this day. However, I continued filming the following day. I began filming in the morning, which was bright and sunny. This was the perfect lighting for the shots that I had to refilm. Although, due to my camera not being charged, I decided to film on my iPhone because I didn't want to lose the opportunity of having good lighting. With my phone, I filmed an establishing shot, wide shots, and zoom-in and zoom-outs. These shots included mainly landscapes, such as my house, passing cars, and my neighborhood. After I completed filming, I went back home and dumped all of my footage onto my computer.
The week after was time for my last couple of shots to be filmed. Due to my original plans being halted, I decided to ask my brother to help me film on Monday. After teaching him how the camera and tripod worked, we decided to head out to start filming on Monday afternoon. On this day, we filmed a long shot, a tracking shot, POV, and a wide shot. These shots had to be done with only myself as the actor. The activity that I was doing in these shots was skating around my neighborhood. Although, these shots were somehwat difficult to film. Due to me not skating in a while, it was hard to get a clean shot of me skating. This result in many takes, however, we eventually got the perfect shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment