Sunday, October 6, 2019

Introductory

Hi, my name is Karen. I am in the 11th grade and I currently attend Fort Lauderdale High School. I am in the Cambridge program, so I take AICE classes. This year, I am taking AICE Thinking Skills, AICE Media Studies, and AICE Marine. Out of all these classes, I enjoy AICE Marine the most. Besides my AICE classes, I also take US History, Dance, Pre-Calculus, and AP English Composition. I find US History very interesting to learn about so I do like being in that class. I also like Dance a lot as well. It pushes me out of my boundaries and makes me more confident in my skills and abilities not only in Dance but also in myself as a person.
Some of my interests include music, cultures, and the environment. I enjoy most genres of music, but my favorite genres of music include Hip-Hop, K-Pop, and Alternative. My favorites music artists are Tyler, the Creator, Blood Orange, BTS, Kero Kero Bonito, LOONA, and BROCKHAMPTON. Additionally, I also like exploring new cultures. A dream of mine would be to travel the world and learn new languages. The idea that everyone is a part of a different culture fascinates me and is something that I am very interested in. Furthermore, another thing that I am interested in is the environment and its animals. I enjoy learning about ways that I can help or forward the conservation of our planet. It is also the reason why I've decided to go vegetarian, which is something that means a lot to me.
However, I do have some dislikes, which include rudeness, people who aren't open-minded, and humidity. One thing that I hate to witness is someone else being disrespectful or rude to someone for no apparent reason. Instances may be uncalled for and are only made worse through the hatred of someone else. Additionally, I also dislike people who aren't open-minded. Whether it's not taking a risk to make a change, or not being accepting of the opinions of others, I dislike this because it shows that a person is not open to having a formal and honest discussion about topics that really matter. Also, another thing that really gets on my nerves is humidity. One of the worst things about living in Florida, besides the drivers, is humidity. Something about making 82-degree weather feel like 97 degrees really limits the kind of clothes or hairstyles you can wear that day which is why it's something I really dislike.

No comments:

Post a Comment