Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog

For the first day of filming, I was in charge of filming most shots along with my group member, Nerlande. However, I was also in charge of dressing as a Vans store employee for the shots that I would be acting in. I had to bring a beanie, Vans shoes, and borrow a Vans shirt from Audrey to dress my part. After checking out our camera equipment, we each gathered our props and headed to the senior patio. We were first set up on a table near the restrooms; however, I could not get the umbrella to open so I asked another group how to open it. After still not being able to open the umbrella, I then found a new table with an already opened umbrella. This is where we started setting up our equipment. I helped to bring our props over and place them on a bench near our setup. This is also where I began putting on my props on to look like my character. However, one thing that Nerlande and I noticed was that we needed a screw to secure the camera to the tripod. After Nerlande and I ran back to the classroom to retrieve this screw, we could then finish setting up our equipment.

After Nerlande set up the tripod, I then secured the camera to it and we were ready to begin filming. It took a minute to figure out how the camera worked, but we eventually figured it out. We first filmed the establishing shot of the senior patio. After, we then moved on the recording the shots with Audrey and Alicia in them. We loosely followed our original script and had moments of improv while filming. I filmed a wide shot of Alicia, along with filming the POV shot. After we completed all of our senior patios shots. After I packed up the filming equipment, we then each gathered all of our props and headed to the media center stairs. This is where I filmed the tracking shot of Alicia's shoes. I then continued to set up our props on the media center to create our "Vans store". I then began to film the over-the-shoulder shot of Alicia, which took many takes to get right.

After filming all of these shots, it was my turn to be in the shots now. However, we had no time left to shoot any more shots if we wanted to dump our footage into the computer. So I packed up the filming equipment and we each took our props back to the classroom. I handed my props to Audrey because we decided to leave all of our props in the classroom. I later began the processing of dumping, with the help of Nerlande. We had trouble trying to dump our footage since we had never done it before. However, Audrey suggested that we should dump the footage into her flash drive instead of the computer. As Audrey and Alicia returned the filming equipment, I dumped our footage onto Audrey's flash drive. Then as a group we reviewed some of the footage that we recorded today which ended our first day of filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment